A beautiful wooden chapel dating from the 20th century.
The construction of this chapel took place in 1953-1954.
It is entirely built of wood, on a masonry base. The church is not oriented, its facade is to the south. An open exterior porch is accessed from the road via a double flight staircase. A small campanile sums up the gable of the chapel. The windows are twinned. The interior is fully paneled.
The statue of Our Lady of the Forest was sculpted by Louis Gire de Saugues in 1955. The wooden Christ was sculpted by André Lacome from Lourdes and brought back by the Pilgrimage of 1958. In 1958, also furniture and altar by André Roux of Dore l'Eglise. The benches were made in 1959 by André Roux. The tabernacle in 1959 by Jean Charrier, master locksmith at Sembadel-Gare. The copper and iron candlesticks also by Jean Charrier. The stained glass windows were made and installed in 1959 by Abbé Richaud, parish priest of Monteil.
- Religious heritage
From 01/05 to 01/11, daily between 10 am and 6 pm.
4, rue des voyageurs