Saint Rémy church was listed as a Historic Monument in 1907. It is a Romanesque church that has been renovated several times down the centuries. It was part of La Chaise Dieu priory until the French Revolution.
The church’s architecture is highly original. The western facade is made up of buttresses. The portal is decorated with Romanesque capitals. The bell gable was added in the 16th century.
The interior is composed of a single nave and a rib-vaulted polygonal choir, probably dating from the 14th century. The side chapels were built in the late Middle Ages and at the Renaissance.
Decoration and furnishings: the decorated capitals, mural paintings and most of the furnishings date from the 18th century. The sacristy and the original tribune, with part of the stairs and the railing still remaining, date from the same period. Several layers of decorative paintings.
- Religious heritage
Free of charge.
From 04/04 to 30/09, daily between 9 am and 6 pm.