Group : Medieval day in Puy-en-Velay
Come and enjoy a unique experience!
Morning: Medieval guided tour of Le Puy-en-Velay
10:30 am: Following an 11th century pilgrim, come and discover the Cathedral district of the town of Le Puy in medieval times. During this stroll through the district, the following themes will be discussed: the pilgrimage to Le Puy-en-Velay, the urban organisation of towns in the Middle Ages, elements of Christian symbolism, the defensive system of towns.
12 noon: Local meal in a restaurant (1/4 wine and coffee included per person).
Afternoon (2.30 pm): A workshop of your choice:
- The Art of Chivalry: Presentation of the birth of chivalry in the 11th century, the ritual of knighthood, the values of chivalry, the civil and military equipment of the first knights.
- The Art of the Table: Dressed in 14th century clothing, the speaker will talk about the art of the table, the organisation of a banquet at that time, the rules of the table, show you identically reconstituted crockery and explain how words from the French language entered the English language.
- Pilgrimage in the 11th century: Go back to the 11th century and meet a pilgrim. This animation will explain how and where people travelled at that time. After identifying the different forms of travel, routes and pilgrimages, you will see what the pilgrim's costume and material and spiritual baggage was made of. A real journey through time.
4.00 pm : Welcome at the Pagès space, the Distillery shop and tasting. Discovery of the famous Velay green verbena liqueur.
Welcome at the Sabarot space, shop of a famous cereal producer, history of the green lentil of Puy.
5.15 pm: End of the service.
From 43€ per person.
Based on 25 people.
Included in the price
- A medieval guided tour - A workshop on a medieval theme - A lunch in a restaurant with 1/4 wine and 1 coffee included - One free driver's pass - One entry to the Sabarot space - One entry to the Pagès space - Reservation of service providers. - One free driver
- Transport - Personal expenses
Modes de paiement
- Bank/credit card
- Travellers Cheque
- Credit transfer
All year round.