1. Economic dynamism
Le Puy-en-Velay is in the top 100 French towns for life and work, according to a study published in L’Express magazine in 2018. A result of the great quality of life in Velay! Our region also stands out thanks to the top-quality business sectors that have made its name: the digital economy, the food industry, plastics, luxury craftsmanship and leather goods.
2. A town
of history and heritage
Le Puy-en-Velay is the capital of an urban area and a department with an exceptional heritage. The town cathedral is the starting point for pilgrims following the Way of St James, and was voted the French people’s 2nd favourite monument in 2015 on the France 2 TV channel. This followed the 4th place achieved by the Saint-Michel d’Aiguilhe chapel and rock in the same contest in 2014.
3. Modern facilities
for up to 800 visitors
The Palais des Congrès et des Spectacles has a wide range of venues to welcome visitors and to meet your needs, thanks to great flexibility and fully modular areas. The team in charge of the facilities have extensive experience in events planning and will always be on hand to guide and advise you.
- A 800-seat auditorium (or 1150 places standing), modular in line with your needs
- A segmented area of 700 m²
- Easy access for the public (parking facilities)
- Access to a strategic area in the Puy-en-Velay basin and near the town centre
- Annex rooms and offices (between 60 and 150 m²)
Other areas are available to make your business seminar or congress a truly unique event. Out Italian-style Theatre includes:
- Smoking Lounge: 49 people
- Studio: 49 people
- Residence: 99 people
- Interval area
- Grand Theatre: 600 people (stage capacity 100)
And not forgetting the different areas in the Hôtel-Dieu and its Auditorium, the Pierre Cardinal Centre, etc.
Le Puy en Velay Theater
4. A wide range of accommodation
In and around Puy-en-Velay there is a wide range of accommodation on offer for your congress participants. You can stay in all categories of hotels with adapted transport solutions. Gîtes and estates out of town are also available if you are looking for something more original. Whether you need a large or small capacity, you will find exactly what you are looking for in Velay!
5. A warm welcome,
The Puy-en-Velay area has over 150 restaurants to help you get a taste of the Velay way of life! There are a whole host of local specialities and prestigious chefs in the region:
- 2 Michelin-starred restaurants: Régis and Jacques Marcon – l’Auberge des Cîmes /
Philippe Brun-Cacaud – Le Haut-Allier
- 8 Bib Gourmands in the Michelin Guide 2018
- 1800 hours of average annual sunshine
- A land of festivals: some 50 events take place here each year, with several helping to make Velay famous – the Green Escape Festival in Craponne-sur-Arzon / the Chaise-Dieu music festival, the Nuits de Saint-Jacques festival, the Puy de Lumières sound and light show…
6. Top quality guaranteed
Choosing Le Puy-en-Velay means first of all choosing quality. This is a town on a human scale in a preserved environment. Le Puy-en-Velay enjoys all the advantages of a “town in the country”. The fresh air, the serenity of the wide-open spaces, the dynamism of our small stores and high-quality gastronomy are all waiting for you in Velay for a rejuvenating change of scene!
7. A human experience
- You’re welcome! Two words summing up the warm and friendly welcome we give to each of our visitors.
- A confidence contract: over 150 professionals on hand to welcome you with high standards in quality and technology. They are all motivated by a single aim: to make your event a success.